Sunday, February 24, 2008

The sun is shinning, and the radio's playing Drive By Truckers and I have some bright yellow soup in my tummy. All is well.

We actually just spent about an hour sitting on a patio. It is February 24th isn't it?

Oh my.

Here's my soup recipe.
Can I suggest listening to Alaska in Winter while putting it together. It turns out that my random purchase was a good choice. They just released concert dates for April, but they show up in Brussels smack between two conferences (Amsterdam and Atlanta) and a family weekend. Nope. Sorry.

Ingredients:

1/4 butternut squash (chopped)
1 spring onion
1 sweet potato
1 can of chick peas
2 tablespoons of tumeric
1 tablespoon of cumin
5 cups of water

I let everything except the chickpeas boil for about 25 minutes (perfect floor washing opportunity) and added the chickpeas before giving it all a good blitz.

I liked it.

mmmmm....Also - the only other vegan I knew in the Hammer (besides mr. wonkey himself), Abram, has a vegan website, which he shared with me this past week. Check it out!

No comments: