Friday, January 02, 2009

Anything Tastes Good With Lime Pickle...and a W.I.P. "Wednesday"


I love Shellyfish's blog. Love with a capital heart. So, I hope she will forgive me for not getting a chance to post my W.I.P. until this morning. This little dollie has come all the way from England, and has many, many friends. These little 'Clothkits' have everything - the stuffing, the thread, and the pattern. I admit it takes some of the creativity out of projects, but the doll was too cute not to put together. This company also makes the most adorable 'grown up' clothes!


Our quiet little New Year's Eve (no wild vegan parties over here this year) was complete with each of us crafting our own vegan pizza. Yum!


In the morning, I pulled together all the bits and pieces in the fridge and made a pretty descent Tofu Scramble. I, of course, had mine with Lime Pickle. I can NOT get enough Lime Pickle these days.


Despite efforts to have a nice dinner out, we were plotted against by those who thought they needed the night off. In the end we each went for something a little different - K had a veg*n pasta plate, while I went for the experimental and tried a new Mac n' Chreese. It was.....acceptable...and bordered on 'good' with the Lime Pickle. But, don't let me be a judge - I have never been good buddies with any vegan cheese - EVER! Having grown up with a mom that could make the BEST mac n cheese on the planet, my palate is forever forged in the memory of those old school recipes.

What was yummy was the cucumber and mint sandwich I threw together (I had suspicions that I was going to be disappointed). I just diced the cucumber, mixed in 1 TBSP of Hummus, and 1 TBSP of Ks homemade aubergine dip and added some mint. Presto! A fresh and tasty treat in the middle of a frozen tundra kind of night!

11 comments:

Tara said...

Everything looks so good! I was also disappointed by that particular brand of vegan mac & cheese, but is was *acceptable.* It looks like you had a nice New Year, and I hope 2009 is a great year for you!

Lisa (Show Me Vegan) said...

A quiet celebration can be the best kind! Happy New Year.

Vegan_Noodle said...

We had a quiet new years too... wish we'd had pizza like that! I haven't liked those boxed mac and cheeses either. Too weird tasting.
Love your WIP!

Lauren said...

Happy New Year! We use to make pizza on New Years Eve too! This year we had soup instead.. what a downgrade? LOL! :)

Lauren said...

Happy New Year! We use to make pizza on New Years Eve too! This year we had soup instead.. what a downgrade!? LOL! :)

Bianca said...

I'm super intrigued by this lime pickle business. What exactly is it?

Chelsea said...

Happy New Year! Pizza sounds perfect for New Years Eve :)

Anonymous said...

And I *Heart* your blog, too Sweetpea! I didn't even get a W.I.P. out this week - we were in the Pyrenees with no Internet! That dolly looks so cute - I swear I just saw that kit in the Boots catalogue.
I'm not pg, but damn I am craving lime pickles like crazy - what's up with that?

River (Wing-It Vegan) said...

Shellyfish rocks!! She makes the cutest stuff, and the PJs she made for Guppy are adorable!

I didn't care for the Mac n' Chreese at all, it tasted like feet to me. I hope you are having a great 2009!

Liz Ranger (Bubble Tea for Dinner) said...

ooh, that sandwich does sound perfect, I need to take notes on that combination. And happy new year Cowgirl! the dolls are adorable, too. :)

jessy said...

the cucumber mint sammie sounds so tasty! and lime pickle, huh?! gonna have to check that out! all your eats are looking super tasty! and hooray for W.I.P.! i puffy hreat Shelly's blog, too - she's so fun & inspiring!

happy new year!