Monday, March 23, 2009

Green It Up Salad for Lunch!


I just had to share my lunch today.
Of course it isn't pretty or plated with blog-quality finesse, but it was super duper nummy and I wanted to share the recipe.

In my flurry of Sunday food preparation, I made this little salad for Kevin and I's lunch today. It was quick, healthy and didn't need any salad dressing (at least mine didn't, not sure if Kevin dipped into the olive oil on HIS side of the campus).

Green It Up Salad!
Ingredients
2 cups of edamame beans
3 cups of fingerling potatoes
1 lemon
1 english cucumber
1 avocado
herbs to taste (I used herbs d'provence)
a sprinkle of mint

I roasted the potatoes, after cutting them into twos and threes and covering them in the herbs and lemon juice. I simply cut up the rest of the ingredients and threw the two tupperware containers in the fridge until this morning.

Totally yummy, totally balanced and totally easy! Homemade lunch on Monday. Whoot Whoot.

13 comments:

Virginia said...

that sounds like a nice healthy lunch!!

Liz Ranger (Bubble Tea for Dinner) said...

mmm, hands down most tempting potato salad I've seen in a long time!

Bianca said...

So simple and so tasty! I love English cucumbers.

Vegan_Noodle said...

I love it when random things you put together end up tasting fantastic! Thanks for sharing!

Amanda said...

That looks super yum! Makes me feel like spring is coming..even though it's freezing out here in Boston!

River (Wing-It Vegan) said...

Totally rockin'! You had me at roasted potatoes, I'm their biggest fan :D

Lauren said...

Sounds divine! I love changing it up with my salads!

Anonymous said...

Oh, yum!

Sal - AlienOnToast said...

yum, that sounds really good.

jessy said...

your salad looks pretty darn awesome to me! mmmmmmmmmmmm! simple, deeelicious, green - all my favs! ooooh gosh - i've gotta make this! wahoooooo!

Jen said...

that sounds healthy and satisfying. avocados are a super food. did i ever tell you i work for a high profile gardening store in the states? if you ever have a gardening or composting question, you can shoot me an e-mail. i just started my seeds yesterday. i'm so excited about my garden this year!

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

Mmmmm edamame!

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

Quick, easy, & delicious? Sign me up!