Saturday, July 11, 2009

shhhh he's sleeping....


I have a few precious seconds. These seconds are usually stored up and used for bathroom breaks or, on a really good day, to take a shower. But, today, I decided to skip the shower and give a super quick update:

I have made ONE meal in the last 19 days...one meal. This is what comes from Attachment Parenting and on-demand breastfeeding, in other words - I live on the sofa with a little vegan baby in my arms. Kevin is great and has been a cookery whiz. No starving going on here.

What was my one meal you ask? I managed, through the ingenuity of 'rice in a bag' (Never would I have considered such a thing) I made myself some Rice Pudding. It was super nummy, but since I used long grain rice, which doesn't produce that nice gummy and goopy consistency of short grain, it was more like Rice-Non-Pudding or Breakfast Rice as I renamed it later in the day (after also having it as Lunch Rice and After-Dinner-Snack-Rice).

Super simple -

3 cups of rice: cooked
2 cups of almond milk - more if you are going for the pudding
2 tsp of cinnamon
1 cup of raisins

warm through and enjoy! I had mine with a banana....the first time that is. :)

Hope everyone is well and enjoying their summer?

and, of course, a gratuitous picture of the cutest vegan in the world!

12 comments:

Natural Violet said...

So sweet!! I am so glad things are going well. I had to chuckle a bit about the bathroom and shower breaks. It was something I didn't think about too much until after he was born. The moby wrap helped a lot with the bathroom breaks. I do remember the snuggle time on the couch though. Precious time!!

little E said...

recall the bathroom starbucks in chapters incident:

"What does she do with the baby when she goes to the bathroom?"

"Hang him on the door"

"Ohh..."

jessy said...

aw, he's so wonderful and adorable! thanks for the update and the breakfast rice recipe! too awesome on the cuddle time with your wee one and Kevin making lots of yummies for you to enjoy!

looking forward to seeing more of your little one (and more of your delicious eats) soon! superhappyface!

Michelle said...

Beautiful beyond words! Both of you! Congratulations!

Summer said...

Yummy! Living on the couch with a cutie is the best living. :)

half pint pixie said...

Awww... he's so precious! And yay for snuggles on the couch and cookery whiz Kevins!

Millie said...

He's a cutie pie. Enjoy him as much as you can. They grow up to quickly.

http://nuestracena-vegancuisine.blogspot.com

Lauren said...

Sooo adorable!!! :) I am so happy for you!! Keep letting your hubs cook, you deserve the rest! :)

aTxVegn said...

Funny how priorities change when a baby comes along! He is so beautiful.

Mihl said...

You two are beautiful together!

Abram said...

Congrats on the vegan baby!

A said...

Congrats again!!!!! Keep up the nursing and loving your vegan baby! Everyone understands! :)
-A