Spent a wonderful day bumming around in Bruges yesterday.
Learned a whole load of insider information. Here is the breakdown:
1. There is this wild 'new' (or I am out of the loop maybe?) media tool, where people can SLING their media from one part of the world to another. For example, my mom and dad could 'sling' their cable right on over to my computer. Interesting. Check it out: Sling Media
2. Lepers had a wet and damp place to sleep during the 11th century if brought to the canals of Bruges. If you have to have a terrible skin disease might as well have access to guided horse drawn tours, tea shops and chocolate right at your finger...errr....tips.
3. When Belgians give you a second class train ticket - they aren't fucking around. Get to the next car (Kristen and I were booted from the first class car to the back of the train) C'est la vie.
4. A MANDAL is a sandal that is being worn by a man. This apparently commonly used term on the east coast of the US caused a great 'Lyndsay Laugh' to errupt in the second class train car. "he's cute, but he is wearing mandals"
5. Tammi managed to find the answer to all of the woes known to women looking for 'the perfect guy', which she managed to articulate in this amazing sentence:
This is a shot of me throwing a penny into the Lake of Love. Rumor has it that when a sad girl does this a boy on life support pops right out of the water.
The brewery where we had lunch accomodated me in the most wonderful way. While others were enjoying a beef stock base soup, I was treated to an amazing salad, complete with sprouts and fresh tomatoes. My main (potatoes and mushrooms) was a little on the boring side, but that's alright.
I capped the trip off with my first session of Lyndsay + Belgian chocolate = I love the world.
Check out CBC Radio 3! Best way to discover some really kicking indie music, and some excellent ways to embed music (including your own play lists into your online world)
Cheese and parsley muffins (vegan option)
1 hour ago