Saturday, March 29, 2008

Simple Stir Fry and Green Tea Cookie (Disaster)















Friday night's dinner was a Simple Stir Fry. We decided to bake the ToFu before adding it to the veg. My wok loves the tofu a little too much, and unless I want to have an oil bath, the tofu is always a little mutilated by the end of the stir-fry process.

Inspired by our tea ceremony experience of last week we decided to try and make some Chinese Tea Cookies (the operative word in this last sentence is TRY). The recipes I found on line were not vegan, so veganizing was on order. Sadly, in one of my few attempts to use soy margarine, I ended up with a bit of a vegan cookie disaster. However, after a few glasses of wine, this didn't stop the almost-vegan cowboy from digging in.

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Sorry for the cookies... But I would've eaten them too!
And the stir fry looks gorgeous. But I don't have a wok, and it's too big for my kitchen!

VeganCowGirl said...

Hey Alice,
Thanks for the support on the cookie front. You don't really need a wok to do stirfry - you can use a non-stick frying pan. Of course the results won't be totally authentic, but I have done this in a pinch and it worked just fine.

Take care!

J said...

Aw! I hate when food doesn't turn out - we ALL have our 'moments' in the kitchen. Good for you for chowing down on them anyway, I'd have helped you finish them! I bet they'll turn out much better should you try them again. ;-)

I love stir-fries too. Yum!