Monday, January 05, 2009

Vegan Loving Friends


Here is an ode to the vegan loving friend....

I love all my friends who, like Andrea, calls ahead to restaurants; like Kim, who willingly fights with jerky waiters to get me my food; like every member of my grade-level team who bake vegan-friendly options on treat day; like Kevin, who is always fighting the vegan fight for his vegan lady love. Like Sandy...ahh Sandy. Sandy who heard me verbally loving the hell out of vegetarian sausages. Sandy who brought me Linda McCartney sausages to school today as a post-holiday present. There, wrapped up in the staff room freezer, were my sausages. I love love love Sandy.

There was nothing more to be done with these veg delights, but put together a British Bangers and mash menu for dinner tonight!

Kevin had a bit of a meltdown when I announced tonight's menu. He was going on about Northern England tea and how long it had been since he had sausages, potatoes and beans. It must be said that according to the resident Brit, a real British tea of this variety should include some good ol' white bread, a fried egg and some fried potatoes. I am happy to say not one thing was fried - we baked the whole lot!

It was uber yummy, though I am not totally sold on Linda's sausages...the taste is a little hotdoggish.

Had a great work out today and enjoyed being back at school today - it was amazing to see friends and co-workers. Loved it. Oh yeah, I updated my Vegan-Mommy blog, so if you are interested, feel free to check it out!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How nice to have such helpful friends!
I love Linda Sausages~but mainly chopped up and added to casseroles or cooked in some kind of sauce (bbq/sweet chilli/jerk etc).
I don't find them hotdoggish, but they do remind me of really cheap pork sausages that are more rusk (not the baby biscuit kind!) than meat ~ which were yummy but scary, health wise!

VeganCowGirl said...

BECKS! So weird that you mentioned the cheap pork sausages. That is exactly what Kev compared them to.
Having never eaten much sausage I didn't have much of a frame of reference...interesting that you both made the same food analogy.

Leslie Richman said...

That looks yummy. I agree on the thought that it's wonderful having supportive people around!

Anonymous said...

Right on! Here's to vegan loving friends - they are the best! And sausages! You know, I don't think I ever ate a sausage before going veg, but I love 'em now!

tofufreak said...

wow! it's so nice to have such veg-friendly friends!!! that's so sweet of them :)